Thursday, March 4, 2010

Black News: Tiger’s Caddy is Mad at Him

 

by Dr. Boyce Watkins 

Tiger Woods' caddie, Steve Williams, told "60 Minutes" that he knew nothing about Tiger's extramarital affairs and was angry with him about the scandal. He also said that he was bitter about the reaction that the media had toward Tiger.
"It's been the most difficult time of my life, no two ways about it, because every single person believed that I should know or did know or had something to do with it," Williams said. "I knew nothing, that's my answer. I don't have to clarify or extend that answer, I knew nothing."
Williams, who is from New Zealand, has been Tiger's caddie for the past 11 years. He said that he would have said something to the public if he'd known about Tiger's behavior.
"If the shoe was on someone else, I would say the same thing. It would be very difficult as a caddie not to know but I'm 100 percent telling you, I did not know, and that's that," he said. "I'm a straight-up sort of person. If I had known something was going on, the whistle would have been blown."
While Williams expressed his disappointment with Tiger, he said that he didn't feel that it was his job to berate him.

Click to read.



No comments:

Post a Comment